WCT Scholarship Guidelines
We accept applications for our scholarship year-round. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The specific purpose of WCT scholarship committee is to provide a scholarship in the amount of $300.00 for college students who participate in the Wichita Community Theatre . For this scholarship, the focus is particularly for students who are enrolled fulltime in an accredited undergraduate or graduate-level program. Factors considered in making this award include involvement in the Wichita Community Theatre and display of the values held by the Wichita Community Theatre.
WCT Mission Statement: The mission of Wichita Community Theatre is to be an all-volunteer organization that promotes quality, affordable live theatre and informal learning opportunities.
Professional Ethics – We behave in a professional, ethical manner.
Respect – We respect diverse ideas and people.
Audience – We are mindful of our audience when making decisions.
Volunteers – We depend on volunteers for everything we do.
Creativity – We foster artistic expression.
Safety – We require emotional and physical safety for our audience and volunteers.
Fun – We promote play.
- Must have been involved in at least one Wichita Community theater production within the past five years.
- Must be a student in good academic standing, ie. not on probation.
- Must submit a completed application, including two references that know about your work with the Wichita Community Theatre.
- Must submit an essay following the guidelines in the application.
- Decision of the selection committee will be final. Judging criteria is listed below.
- The scholarship is non-renewable.
- Each recipient is limited to one scholarship.
- Award will be sent to the scholarship recipient.