Our volunteers support every aspect of producing our eight shows per season at WCT.
To volunteer for box or bar, see Current Show
We announce all our volunteer opportunities through two avenues: Our Volunteer Newsletter and our Facebook page.
Volunteer Technical Positions
Every production requires several volunteer technical positions including:
- Set Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Sound Designer
- Costumes Designer
- Properties Designer
- Stage Manager
- Light Board Technician
- Sound Technician
- Stage Crew (as required)
- Choreographer (as required)
- Pianist (as required)
If you are interested in volunteering for a technical position for an upcoming show, contact the director(s) of that production. Check our Volunteer Newsletter and our Facebook page for open volunteer techncial positions and contact information for the director(s) of upcoming productions. Volunteers that serve in a technical position get one free ticket for the show that they work!
A work day is time set aside (usually on a Saturday) for volunteers to come to the theatre and help with various projects needed to make a production at Wichita Community Theatre. Types of projects include: set building, finding and designing props and costumes, assisting with setting and hanging lights, painting, etc. Work day announcements typically come the Wednesday before the Saturday we plan to work, unless we are able to schedule them in advance.
Volunteers that participate in a work day get one free tickets to see the upcoming production!
Box Office Volunteer
Be at theatre 45 minutes before the show starts.
- You will greeting the patrons, taking admissions, using the Square system, and handing out programs. The House Manager will instruct you on the use of the Square and have money box ready for your use. We take cash, checks, and various credit/debit cards.
- The House Manager will have the Reservation list for you, and you will need to check arrivals against the reservation list. Walk-ins are welcome, as long as we are not Sold Out. In that case, start a waiting list. At 5 minutes before show, reservations are released and can process the waiting list.
- Admission prices are posted at the theatre and are subject to change.
- There are those patrons that will be using Comp tickets. Post them in the Square system for recordkeeping.
- Each patron gets a program.
- Leave the cash box for counting by the House Manager.
- As a box office volunteer, you are entitled to a comp ticket.
- Take a seat and enjoy the show!
Volunteers that work the box office get to see the show they work for free!
- Be at the theatre 30-45 minutes before the show starts.
- You will be selling Sodas and Candy at the snack bar in the Lobby, using the Square system. The House Manager will instruct you on the use of the Square and have cash box ready for your use. We take cash, checks, and various credit/debit cards.
- Snack item prices are posted at the theatre and are subject to change.
- Check on the soda/candy inventory and ask House Manager to refill as necessary, especially after the show if sales have been strong.
- At intermission, you will be manning the snack bar again. Leave the cash box and Square terminal for the House Manager to collect and count.
- As snack bar volunteer, you are entitled to a comp ticket.
- Take a seat and enjoy the show!